The Lion King Review

All of us group mods and contributors have been talking about the Lion King remake, so it only seemed right to Share a review of the film - take it away Jade.




The Lion King Real Life Adaptation Review  

Hi everyone! Jade here, I recently saw the new Lion King Adaptation and really loved it! But, like all things, there were some parts I didn't like so here are my thoughts. 
I think it is safe to say that majority of people have seen the original animation of Disney’s the Lion King and if by some chance you haven’t, do yourself a favour and watch it and then watch all the original Disney animations. 
The newly released realistic adaptation has many people on the fence. Personally, I know of a few people who are refusing to watch it because they don’t want to ruin the original. I have always tried to keep an open mind, not only with movies (especially remakes) but books, music, candles literally anything. With this in mind after I watched the Lion King, I had a few opinions. 
My first thought was how amazing the visual aspects of it where. The animals looked realistic and there were times where I thought I was watching a documentary which is where I think the creators were going with this. As much as the emotions of the characters weren’t has prominent, I was able to connect to a ‘real’ lion fairly easily, especially when a young Simba and Nala reminded me so much of my cat that I couldn’t help but “aww” when they were playing together and cry when (SPOILER ALERT) Mufasa dies.  
I did, however, get really upset when my favourite song wasn’t heard (He Lives in You) and the song they played I felt didn’t connect to the story at all. I personally don’t think it matters who sings a song for the music in movies, as long as it has meaning to the storyline and makes sense when its being played. The song I am talking about, sung by Beyoncé, could have been played in the credits, it really didn’t need to be during the movie and the song from the original ‘He Lives in You’ I feel is really essential to the story. Yes we still understand the point of the scene with Rafiki, but I didn’t feel it had the same impact as it did in the original and it felt rushed. 
For the music overall, I am glad they kept ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ and ‘The Lion Sleeps Tonight’ (which was my absolute favourite song from this version) and I didn’t mind the extremely shortened version of ‘Be Prepared’.  I can understand why the creators remove/change songs but, there were definitely songs that I wished they kept so that viewers could connect with the characters more. 
I was super happy and really excited that James Earl Jones would be reprising as the voice of Mufasa again because honestly, I don’t think anyone else is suited to play that role but him. I also think it helped viewers who had watched the original remember how they felt when watching it. The voice actor who played Scar, Chiwetel Ejiofor did such a great job at bringing the evilness of Scar to life without the animated emotions from the original, he really knew how to play this character to his fullest. 
Timone and Pumba were the best characters in this movie by far, the comedic connection between the two actors made it seem as though it wasn't scripted for the most part. The one we all want to talk about, Beyoncé. When I first heard about this, I really wasn’t sure how she would go but she actually did a really good job and her voice has a naturally soothing aspect that made me want to listen to Nala even more.
The only scene I was really disappointed in was the last few, when Simba returns home and fights Scar. It felt a little rushed but I think that was because it wasn't a theatrical as the original and showed more of the strength lions have when fighting. Most of the other scenes where either identical to the original or, I just honestly enjoyed the way it was done, maybe even preferred.
Overall, the movie was very enjoyable, and I think that everyone should go and see it. Even if you think it won’t be as good as the original. 
If you have seen it, let me know what you thought about it!
Jade ❤

Now, since you've never been properly introduced to Jade, and in the spirit of our Meet The Team post last week, I though she should introduce herself.

Hi everyone! My name is Jade, I go by she/her pronouns. I've been a book lover for most of my life but have only recently found the world of blogging and bookstagram, which I'm still getting the hang of.

I'm currently studying a double degree at uni in science/arts majoring in zoology and creative writing. I'm still unsure what I want to do as a career but I'm keeping my options open :)

I started a bookstagram account to be able to talk about all the books I read and connect with other readers. I'm still trying to get the hang of it all but I really love how inclusive the bookish community is 💕

I love all young adult genres, my favorites being fantasy and dystopian but you can also find me reading a good romance or middle grade book. Some of my favorite books/series would include, the Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson, All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, Tales of a New World by P.C Cast, ACOTAR series by Sarah J Maas and The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan.

I also have an psychiatric assistant dog, Keeda, who is my best friend and I wouldn't be able to leave my house most days if it wasn't for her. If you've been to any book events recently and seen a German Shepherd with a yellow and blue coat (pictured) then that's her. She can be very goofy and always put a smile on my face!

I'm so excited to be a part of this team of amazing people who all share my love for books 😊❤️

You can find me here: Instagram | Twitter 

Post a Comment

© AusYABloggers. Design by Fearne.