Reader Spotlight: Interview with Annie

Name &/or Nickname.
Annie McCann, founder of Read3r’z Re-Vu (established 2009).

Where do you live (State or vague area).
Sydney, Australia.

Where do you wish you lived (e.g. Narnia, Fantasia, etc.).
Hogwarts .

Top Three favourite #LoveOzYA reads of all time.
This is such a tough question to pick a top three as I have more than 3 favourites!!! My preference is always to read Oz YA to support Aussie authors.. OMG.. how am I to choose the top 3!?
1. Nona and Me by Claire Atkins
2. Hate is such a Strong Word by Sarah Ayoub
3. The First Third by Will Kostakis

Top Three YA Series of all time (worldwide).
Another tough question to pick a top three as I have a few YA series that are my favourites!!!
1. An Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir
2. The Medoran Chronicles by Lynette Noni
3. Disruption + Corruption (duology) by Jessica Shirvington

Who or what got you into reading.
Truth be told, I hated reading when I was in high school and university as I was required to read prescribed texts that I didn’t find entertaining. However when I finished uni and started my first full time job, I found my mind was going numb so to fulfil my commute to and from Sydney City, I immersed myself in childhood favourites like Narnia and from there started reading the YA and Fantasy Fiction selections.

Preferred Genres.
YA and Fantasy Fiction.

Have you ever met any famous authors (it's ok to brag in this instance). If not who would you love to meet.
In running Read3r’z Re-Vu, I have had the unique privilege of reaching out to authors and having them join our sessions as special guests: Kate Forsyth, Sarah Ayoub, Will Kostakis, Greg Barron, Gabby Tozer, Banafsheh Serov, David M. Henley, Mitchell Hogan, Shivaun Plozza, Melina Marchetta, Krystal Sutherland, Wanda Wiltshire, M. Baz Radburn, Justin Sheedy, Maria Lewis, Queenie Chan, Kylie Fornasier, Tamar Chnorhokian, Kirsty Eagar, Tara Eglington, Frances Watts, Helen Thurloe and most recently, Garth Nix!! For our July session, we will have Wai Chim joining us.

In addition to our sessions, we have also hosted exclusive lunches, dinners and high teas with visiting authors from overseas and around Australia such as Maria V. Snyder, Fiona Wood, Isobelle Carmody, Lynette Noni, Nadia Hashimi, Juliet M. Sampson, Erin Gough, E.R Murray and Kylie Chan.

At bookish events, book launches and writer’s festivals: Fleur Ferris, Amie Kauffman, Jay Kristoff, Margo Lanagan, Sami Shah, Ann Bishop, Laini Taylor, J.C Burke, Randa Abdel-Fattah, Sarah J. Maas, Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, Justine Larbalestier, Alan Baxter, Craig Phillips, Jessica Shirvington, Sarah Crossan, Yassmin Abdel-Magied, Gabrielle Williams, Jacqueline Harvey and Lauren Kate.

There are authors I keep in touch with online however we’ve yet to meet in person: Rebecca Lim, Alice Pung, Claire Atkins, Darren Groth, Nicole Hayes, Ellie Marney and C.J Duggan.

I have also met some famous names who are now published authors: Julia Gillard, Tim Cahill, Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke and Peter Helliar.

Who I would LOVE to meet for an interview? J.K Rowling, Renee Ahdieh, Alwyn Hamilton and Keira Cass.

If you could spend a day with any YA protagonist who would it be and why.
Shazrad from the Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. I always admired her as a character but not because she was a ‘badass’. Shazrad’s courage was inspirational because her strength was knowledge and her heart is loyal. I could see myself being friends with someone like her :-).

 Where can we find you online.
Goodreads: Read3r’z Re-Vu
Blog: https://read3rzrevublog.wordpress.com 
Twitter: @Read3rZ
Instagram: read3rz_revu
Facebook: Read3r’z Re-Vu



Hi there. Do you want to be apart of our Reader Spotlights? We are giving our Readers the choice to share their bookish experiences in the form of either an interview or by writing a guest post. You can join in on the fun by signing up HERE.


You can find Sarah via The Adventures of SacaKat  Twitter  Instagram and Goodreads

Post a Comment

© AusYABloggers. Design by Fearne.