Top 5 Tuesday – Star's Top 5 Favourite Tropes




Hi, Star here. I thought I’d share my top 5 favourite tropes


1) Enemies to friends to lovers.

The first book that comes to mind is Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi. This book so completely captures this trope for me.
Sana and Rachel start out hating each other, and it’s only when they’re forced to work together that they start to become friends… and then more.
It’s cute, it’s fun, it has lesbians which is amazing and I just loved this book SO much.

An honourable mention goes to Her Royal Highness by Rachel Hawkins.


2) Fake Dating

The classic, and my favourite example of this trope has to be the To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before book.
I fell in love with this book series last year, and it still holds a close place in my heart. I absolutely loved Lara Jean, and she got up to some crazy things, but she was so adorable and fun to read, and I loved her relationships with her sisters, too. Also, I have never adored a male character as much as I adored Peter Kavinsky.


3) Chosen One

This one is pretty obvious for me – Harry Potter from the Harry Potter series is half a reluctant chosen one, half embraces it. It’s thrust upon him from before he even knows the wizarding world exists, but if there’s one hero that I love with my entire soul, it is Harry James Potter.


4) Quests

The entirety of The Raven Cycle is one big quest to find Glendower and wake him. But my favourite part of the quest is the friendships the four main characters made along the way. This is one of my all-time favourite series, and I think it will continue to be for as long as I’m alive.


5) Famous/Non-famous

This is coming straight from my love of fanfiction – but I love me a story when one half of the couple is famous, while the other isn’t. It’s fun and usually has me hooked right from the start. I can think of two Jen Wilde books that fit this, and they’re both as incredible as the other. Queens of Geek and Going Off Script are perfect descriptions of this fun and incredible trope. 


Hi there. Do you have a Top Five you want to share? 
We know we would love to read them! 
We are asking for our readers to share their bookish Top Five’s for the group blog.
We are hoping to get enough interest to make this a regular post – email your Top Five ideas to australianyabloggers@gmail.com to be featured.

2 comments

  1. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!! STAR! STAR!Enemies to Lovers and Fake Dating are my top two favorite romance tropes as well!

    Have you read Frankly in Love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet! I purchased it the other day, just gotta wait for a shipping notification now. šŸ’œ

      Delete

© AusYABloggers. Design by Fearne.