#LoveOzYA Throwback Thursday: Shadows of the Realm


Throwback Thursday edition is our way of spreading the love of backlist Aussie books that you might have missed. We'll hopefully be posting a new book every second week, and we'd love you to join us!

Sarah's pick

13626269
Title: Shadows of the Realm
(The Circle of Talia #1)
Author: Dionne Lister
Released:12th April 2012
Publisher: Dionne Lister
Add it to Goodreads
This is an epic fantasy adventure book with lots of action, intrigue, creaturas and dragons, for young adult to adult.

Bronwyn and Blayke are two strangers being drawn into the same war. Their world is facing invasion from the Third Realm. While they move unknowingly toward each other, they are watched, hunted, and sabotaged. When the Dragon God interferes, it seems their world, Talia, will succumb to the threat. Can they learn enough of the tricks of the Realms before it’s too late, or will everything they love be destroyed?

The young Realmists’ journey pushes them away from all they’ve known, to walk in the shadows toward Vellonia, city of the dragons, where an even darker shadow awaits.

This book's been given the Grub Street Reads seal of approval.

why i chose it

I’ve previously done a #77Saturday featuring this book on this blog. But as I owe getting into the online bookish community to Dionne Lister, I’m going to feature it again (and it fits the rules of our TBT’s since it was first published back in 2012).

I met Dionne when I attended a writing workshop that she was a panelist for back in 2013. She suggested that we all start a blog and just get writing.

She also introduced us to mammoth bookish beast that is Goodreads and Shadows of the Realm was one of the first books I added to Goodreads once I signed up.

It was Dionne's encouragement and enthusiasm that had me creating a Wordpress, Goodreads and Twitter account as soon as I got home! I followed a bunch of people within the indie author circuit, made some strong connections that I still have today and started my bookish blogging journey.

Thanks Dionne, I owe you one!!!!

Follow Sarah at Sarah Says, Twitter, Instagram, and Goodreads


What's your pick for this week? Share on your blog, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or in the comments below! Make sure you tag your posts with #AusYABloggers so we can share the love.

Post a Comment

© AusYABloggers. Design by Fearne.