Twenty Questions Booktag


I know lots, and lots of people have done the Twenty Questions Booktag, but the first place I (Sarah) saw it was over on Paper Fury. My apologizes for not know knowing who first created it, but I was going around in circles trying to figure it out - please let me know in the comments if you know where it originated.

1. How many books is too many books in a book series?
Kelly - Depends. I prefer a duology or trilogy but five books is my limit.
Tash -  5 is definitely the limit. I'm looking at you Harlequin
Sarah - These days I prefer a good duology, but I will say that I feel five is my max for a series.
Star -  I think as many books is needed is pretty good. Then again, I grew up reading the Sweet Valley High (and others) series, so there were never too many books for me.

2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
Kelly - They're frustrating but I secretly love them.
Tash -  Love and hate them. I can't live with out them
Sarah - Love them if they're part of a series, that isn't the last book. Hate them in a stand alone.
Star -  It depends on whether or not I have the next book in the series. If I have to wait a year or more, I absolutely hate it, but if I have the next book right there, waiting to be read, then I am okay with them.

3. Hardcover or paperback?
Kelly - Paperback. Preferably with a matte cover.
Tash -  Paperback. Though Hardcover is easier to keep pristine.
Sarah - Hardbacks are more attractive, but Paperbacks are easier to read - Paperback for me.
Star -  Hardback, definitely. I am a perfectionist reader, and I can't stand creases, etc, in my book, and it's easier to keep books in better condition when they're in hardback. Also, they look prettier in my photos lol.

4. Favourite book?
Kelly - Favourite classic is Alice in Wonderland and modern, And I Darken.
Tash -  When Dimple Met Rishi.
Sarah - Favourite classic, Annie of Green Gables. Modern, Heartstopper series.
Star -  Amelia Westlake by Erin Gough. It's a book I will forever sing its praises.

5. Least favourite book?
Kelly - Hush Hush. God that shit was horrible.
Tash -  Earthbound. I got rid of it soon as possible.
Sarah - Monstress. I read the first four volumes, really trying to get into the hyped series and I just couldn't.
Star -  Shauna's Great Expectations by Kathleen Loughnan.

6. Love triangles, yes or no?
Kelly - Not usually unless it's well written.
Tash - YES why choose and it's all the drama.
Sarah - Yes, but only when it's a female POV - they are my guilty pleasure.
Star - Absolutely not. I have read books that have that trope, and I have enjoyed the book, but on the whole, no thank you.

7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
Kelly - The Girl King.
Tash - Gosh I usually stick it out but I couldn't finish AIM.
Sarah - Glow Book I, Potency.
Star - I haven't had one, I am someone who tends to push through regardless of how I feel. I need to let myself DNF a book.

8. A book you’re currently reading?
Kelly - Invisible Boys by Holden Sheppard.
Tash - Withering- By - Sea by Judith Rossell.
Sarah - Rocky to the Rescue (Rocky Lobstar #1) by Rove McManus - I'll have finished by the time you are reading this lol.
Star - This will probably change by the time this post goes up, but Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed.

9. Last book you recommended to someone?
Kelly - Rules for Vanishing by Kate Alice Marshall.
Tash -  Once and Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy.
Sarah - My Father's Shadow by Jannali Jones
Star - The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. You're welcome, Brooklynne. 

10. Oldest book you’ve read?
Kelly - Pride and Prejudice, published in 1813.
Tash -  Sense and Sensibility published in 1811.
Sarah - Pride and Prejudice, published in 1813.
Star - I have no idea? I don't read classics. Probably Little Women.

11. Newest book you’ve read?
Kelly - Starting Euphoria Kids by Alison Evans.
Tash -  Oasis by Katya de Becerra.
Sarah - Saga by Nikki McWatters.
Star - Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed.

12. Favourite author?
Kelly - Tahereh Mafi.
Tash - Jay Kristoff.
Sarah - Steven Herrick, Jenn Bennett, Alice Oseman, Rick Riordan and Will Kostakis - Sorry I was thinking of my fave books and can't narrow is down any further. Please don't make me.
Star - Fleur Ferris and Ashley Herring Blake.

13. Buying books or borrowing books?
Kelly - Both! Although books are lovely to buy and keep.
Tash -- Both though buying is a sickness at the moment.
Sarah - My head says borrowing because of my bank account, ouch, but my asshat of a heart wants those pretty pretties on my shelf at home to stay.
Star - Buying. I am a massive germaphobe, and I have severe anxiety, so going out is not a thing I do, so buying them is easier for me.

14. A book you dislike that everyone else seem to love?
Kelly - Red Rising and The Raven Boys.
Tash - The Hunger Games.
Sarah - The Hunger Games and Divergent series.
Star - Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. 

15. Bookmarks or dog ears?
Kelly - Bookmarks!
Tash - Bookmarks!
Sarah - Bookmarks, old receipts, other books, my phone - I'm not a monster.
Star - Bookmarks! I can't ever dog ear books!

16. A book you can always reread?
Kelly - Alice in Wonderland.
Tash - Stormbreaker.
Sarah - Albert of Adelaide or Anne of Green Gables.
Star - Amelia Westlake by Erin Gough. Also The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater.

17. Can you read while hearing music?
Kelly - I need absolute silence. I'm easily distracted.
Tash - Give me the Tv blasting. I can read through it
Sarah - Yes, the kids make that much noise I've learnt to block it out. I need silence to be able to write reviews and such but.
Star - Only if it's instrumental. I can't have lyrics, I am too easily distracted otherwise.

18. One point of view or multiple point of views?
Kelly - Either but no more than three. I prefer either singular or dual points of view.
Tash -Either but not too many. It does get confusing when everybody has something to say.
Sarah - If it's evenly spread i'm down for multiple POV's. I think five is about the max before it starts to harder to keep track of what's going on to who.
Star - It doesn't bother me one way or another. If it fits and works with the story, then I am okay with it. What I do dislike is when I am reading a book that is in one point of view for, say, 90% of the book, and then suddenly there's another POV? Then I hate it.

19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
Kelly - Multiple days.
Tash - Depends on the time. If I have ample time, then one sitting.
Sarah - I prefer to be able to do it in one sitting, but life always gets in the way.
Star - I have far too of a busy life to be able to sit and read a book in one sitting. I have literally never done it (not even as a kid, I think), so I tend to read over multiple days.

20. Who do you tag?
Kelly - Everyone!
Tash - Everyone!
Sarah - Ya Mum.
Star - Sarah's Mum. =P

You can find Kelly, Tash, Sarah, Star and Brookynne sharing their love of books here and on their own bookish blogs.

Post a Comment

© AusYABloggers. Design by Fearne.