Top 5 Tuesday - Star's Top 5 Feminist Books







Hi, Star here. I thought I’d share my top 5 favourite feminist books




I have read this book a couple of times now, and I love it so very much. Harriet and Will, the main characters, take on their elite high school’s sexism problem through the power of a pseudonym and some well-crafted pranks. Both main characters are lesbians, which I thought just added to the awesomeness of this book.






This is easily one of the most powerful books I have ever read. This book does deal heavily with rape and rape culture, and it is absolutely not to be taken lightly. This book shook me to my core, and I still think about it. It’s such an important read for everyone, I think.






This one is a little lighter, but still absolutely important, and one of my favourite reads of 2017. It shows how simple one person speaking up about something (even if it’s behind a feminist zine) can be. I can’t wait for the movie of this book, too.






This book. Holy cow this book is amazing. I read it as a part of the AusYABloggers book tour a couple of months ago, and I found it incredible. It tells the story of Lillian, a young girl who doesn’t want to be married off as soon as she gets her period – she just wants to learn and to be able to make her own choices. Choices that are taken away from her just because she happens to be female.






This book also deals with rape, and the importance of believing the victim over the perpetrator. The main character, Mara’s twin brother, Owen, rapes his girlfriend, and she is so torn between believing her twin and the girl he raped. It was powerful, made me cry, and it’s not a feminist book like Moxie, but it still fits the topic.





Hi there. Do you have a Top Five you want to share? 
We know we would love to read them! 
We are asking for our readers to share their bookish Top Five’s for the group blog.
We are hoping to get enough interest to make this a regular post – email your Top Five ideas to australianyabloggers@gmail.com to be featured.







1 comment

  1. What an absolutely excellent list Star! Again you have added some books to my TBR... I really need to get onto Amelia Westlake, cause you have mentioned it a few times and everyone else keeps raving about it!

    ReplyDelete

© AusYABloggers. Design by Fearne.